What to Pack
Please remember that flights into and out of the parks are on small aircraft and have a weight limit of 15kg (33 pounds) of total luggage per person. We recommend packing your luggage in soft-sided duffel bags. Dinners are casual at most lodges and camps. Laundry services are offered at most lodges and camps for a fee.
We recommend bringing the following items with you on your safari:
• Layers, a mixture of long and short sleeved lightweight shirts. Temperatures fluctuate and long sleeved shirts offer protection from the sun. We recommend bringing neutral colors that blend in with the natural environment.
• A mix of pants and shorts for fluctuating temperatures.
• At least one fleece jacket or sweater. Early mornings and evenings are usually cool, even in the summer.
• One lightweight waterproof layer in case of showers
• Comfortable shoes
• Bathing suit for lodges and pools (Kiota Camp does not have a pool)
• Wide-brimmed hat for sun protection
• Sunblock and insect repellant
• A shawl
• A small torch or flashlight
• A camera with a telephoto lens
• Spare batteries, plug adaptors and charging equipment
• A notebook and pencil for recording interesting sightings
• A good book for down time at the camp